The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Women's Care Florida has earned a reputation for quality women's healthcare in West Central Florida. We pride ourselves on being the leader in women's healthcare by employing dedicated and caring individuals that promote our philosophy and success of Exceptional Women's Care Every Patient, Every Time.
We have over 70 locations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Lake, Seminole, and Orange counties with plans for future growth. Currently, we are seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with Urogynecological and surgical experience to join our team in the Safety Harbor and Westshore area of Tampa. The preferred candidate will have 2+ years of surgical assist experience in GYN or Urology.
This position will have Office and Surgical responsibilities outlined below. The practice utilizes an electronic medical record system (EclinicalWorks).
Key duties of Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive women’s health care throughout the lifespan, with an emphasis on reproductive, gynecologic, and family-centered health education while administering quality patient care.
2. Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population from menarche through the reminder of the lifespan.
3. Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute and chronic healthcare issues.
4. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
5. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
6. Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
7. Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
8. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
9. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
10. May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
11. Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
Performs first assistant duties and assists with surgical procedures under the supervision of surgeon.
Conducts hospital rounds.
Performs admission history and physicals.
Writes progress orders and formulates treatment plans in conjunction with surgeon.
Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
Evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions.
Handles discharge planning and dictates discharge summaries.
Education: Master of Science in Nursing from accredited school of nursing. Completion of an approved ARNP program or Physician Assistant school.
Registered as PA or Advanced Practitioner in the State of Florida.
Licenses/Certifications: Florida ARNP or PA license required. Prescriptive Privileges required.
Current CPR certification required.
2+ years GYN, Surgical, or Urology experience preferred.
Must be a quick and efficient self -starter.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate on experience
About Women's Care Florida-Drs. Williams, Goldman, and Watson
Women’s Care Florida (WCF) is a specialty women’s health physician group offering patient care in obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, gynecologic pathology, breast surgery and genetic counseling. WCF has more than 200 healthcare providers that care for more than 350,000 patients annually, performing more than 13,000 deliveries per year and conducting more than 450,000 ...obstetrical, preventive, and gynecological visits yearly. WCF has 67 outpatient locations across Florida. WCF providers have privileges at 13 hospitals and are in-network with the major insurance companies. WCF was founded in 1998 by a small group of OB/GYN physicians. The organization has grown tremendously through the years by remaining true to its mission - “Improving the Lives of Women Every Single Day.”