Providence is calling a Certified Surgical Technologist (1.0 FTE Days) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
We invite you to grow your career in a fast-paced 18 suite OR. With over 1,000 cases per month, you will become an expert in your field. The days of being pigeon-holed into just one Operating Room providing one service line are behind you. Rather you will get to have a voice and focus on specialty areas of your choice. With state of the art equipment to include the new XI robot and hybrid room for minimally invasive procedures, we offer an environment unmatched by any other in the region.
In this position, you will:
- Work with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care during surgery.
- Handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure, anticipate the needs of the surgeon in providing these, and maintain a sterile environment.
- Demonstrate appropriate review of patient charts and intervene as necessary to assure charts are complete prior to surgery.
- Provide for comfort and safety to the patient during the operation.
- Operate all equipment, including the preparation of homeostatic, and blood replacement products and devices.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from a Surgical Technology Program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAAHEP) or other program accredited by the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist or completion of a Surgical Technician Military Training program
- Operating Room experience for candidates who have graduated from an accredited Surgical Technology Program or have completed other accredited programs by the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist or completion of a Surgical Technician Military Training program
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Candidates with equivalent other or at least six months of on the job clinical training must have minimum one year operating room experience scrubbing on surgical procedures.
- Experience scrubbing independently in at least three surgical specialties; e.g. general surgery, orthopedics, urology, cardiac/vascular, ENT, ophalmology, neurosurgery, etc.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 149241