Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Ultrasonographer \(Per Diem, Day shift\) to work for the Ultrasound department at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The Ultrasonographer is responsible for providing diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound on all patient age populations\. Diagnostic examinations may be performed on breast, abdominal, obstetrical, gynecological and other areas\. The ultrasound professional also assists with various procedures during which ultrasound is utilized\.
In this position you will:
- Perform ultrasound examinations by producing appropriate images\.
- Perform clinical assessment
- Use cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images
- Use judgment during the sonographic exam to differentiate between normal and pathological findings
- Analyze sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental, and physical comfort of patients while in the sonographer's care
- Maintain proficiency in the operations of the RIS, EPIC, PACS, and other computer systems as required by the position
- Perform portable exams when indicated, including surgery, assists with invasive and other special procedures as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Ultrasound training program
- Education and experience sufficient to meet eligibility requirements to take American Registry of Diagnostic Ultrasonographers \(ARDMS\) registry examination
- Board eligible with registered qualifications as indicated by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography \(ARDMS\)
- Require Board registry within one year of hire
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS/CPR\) Certification
- Previous ultrasound experience
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes: 217 licensed beds 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 147641