The Albany, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is recruiting a Urologist to care for our Veterans. This position is part-time 20 hours per week position at the VA Medical Center AND part-time, 20 hours per week with the Urological Institute of Northeastern New York (Community Care Physicians) the principal urological faculty members at the Albany Medical Center. You will be responsible for providing specialty care for women’s urologic issues relating to pelvic floor disorders, urodynamics, and continence as well as providing a broad range of urologic interventions to all Veterans. You should possess broad clinical experience in the specialty of urologic surgery. Board Certified or Board Eligible in Urology and Subspecialty training in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery preferred.
You will participate in a broad range of urologic interventions including stress urinary incontinence, urinary urgency and frequency, urge incontinence, vaginal prolapse, recurrent urinary tract infections and painful bladder syndromes. You will manage all aspects of a general urology program to include clinical, administrative, and academic components. Perform surgery as indicated for genitourinary injuries and disease including major and minor procedures, stone management, urology consultation for inpatients and outpatients. Teaching is an integral part of the work of a VA Urologist. This pertains to colleagues, residents, medical and nursing students, nursing and other ancillary staff.
Sign on bonus and assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans may be available.
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional 7.5% of pay
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contract!
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Separate 401K with partial agency match!
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
VA physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. Plus, VA offers an unparalleled variety of practice options in research, academia, and administration. Enjoy a superb quality of life. VA ensures and encourages a healthy work/life balance through predictable scheduling, reduced paperwork, the elimination of billing hassles, and lifting the burden of liability coverage.
If you’d like to be contacted by someone about this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to Julieann.email@example.com or call 716-982-1949 for more info.