The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The University of Illinois at Chicago Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking candidates for an Advance Practice Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner (APRN) in UroGynecology. Position provides comprehensive health care for assigned patients/community as determined by scope of practice guidelines and specialty. This includes completion of a health assessment, determining diagnosis, planning and prescribing treatment within the parameters of medical staff privileges at UI Health and area of expertise. The NP participates in the educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other health care disciplines.
• Manage the care of patients within assigned area and/or area of expertise and within parameters of medical staff privileges. • Obtain relevant patient health history. Study and interpret patient tests and records. • Perform physical exam and record findings. • Perform various diagnostic, preventive and/or therapeutic procedures and/or order special screenings and developmental or laboratory tests to diagnose conditions; interpret results. • Prescribe/order appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions and develop a treatment plan. • Develop an educational plan for patient/family. • Assist with scheduling of patients for upcoming procedures including coordinating with other services (division, departments) and completion of necessary documentation, scheduling forms and clearance. • Order appropriate consultation/referral. • Determine effectiveness of treatment plan with documentation of treatment provided and patient outcomes. • Reassess and modify plan with patient/family and treatment team within the parameters of medical staff privileges. • Participates in the educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other healthcare disciplines. By being involved in case conferences, serving as a preceptor and mentor, assisting with curriculum development and instruction. • The Advanced Practice Nurse is required to have and maintain a faculty appointment in order to receive clinical privileges to practice at the University of Illinois Health System. • Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned. Department/Specialty Specific Responsibilities • The UroGynecology practice will be a mixed-visit model in collaboration with UroGynecologists, in which the NP sees patients independently as well as in shared visits as appropriate. • Perform urodynamic testing, pessary placement on patients. • Coordinating care with and being an accessible resource to interdisciplinary collaborators (e.g. physical therapy), including facilitation of receiving external medical records in a timely manner. • Providing pre-operative and post-operative management plans to patients and participating in their counseling and follow-up. • Participate in post-operative management of patients.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Doctorate degree in Nursing required.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Illinois required.
- Staff Nursing experience in Gynecology, Women’s Health preferred.
- Have demonstrated proficiency or willingness to learn urodynamic testing and pessary placement.
The University of Illinois at Chicago may conduct background checks on all candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Internal Number: 121468
About University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), located in the heart of one of the world's great cities, is a vital part of the educational, technological and cultural fabric of the region. As Chicago's only public research university with 30,000 students, 15 colleges, a hospital and a health sciences system, UIC provides access to excellence and opportunity.
UIC is proud to be recognized as having one of the most ethnically and culturally rich college campuses in America. Our welcoming environment and diverse student body engender deeper learning and provide new perspectives on life.