The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. Banner's employer commitment is "We'll help make a difference in your life and career, so you can make a difference in the lives of others." If becoming a key part of changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, our Cath Lab wants to hear from you.
As our Special Procedure Technologist, you will learn from very experienced, advanced registry certified SPT's as well as a Team of physicians who will rely on you to add to their procedure with your knowledge and skills. Our SPT's either Pan at the end of the procedural table or Scrub-assist procedures. You will also rotate through our pre/post recovery area; learning to prep patients, start peripheral IV lines and chart on our patients. We also send a team to work in the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program to assist in the Hybrid Surgical Suite weekly. If you're looking to join a Multifaceted, challenging, educational, rewarding team, then we would like see your application!
The ideal candidate will have: 1-2 years' clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Diagnostic and Interventional procedures or Special procedures experience. ACLs, BLS certification. Advanced certification a plus. The Cath Lab Special Procedure Technologists work Four 10 hour shifts Monday through Friday with flexible day off.
The hours and On Call requirements are as follows: Start time: 6:30am- 4/10 hour shifts per week with varied day off. On call one to two days a week and currently every 3rd weekend and two holidays per year. This position offers a weekend schedule which is eligible for a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
*$5,000.00 Sign-on Incentive for Techs with a minimum of 12 months Cath Lab or Electrophysiology Experience; requires a 1 year commitment.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalT from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R11370
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.