The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Executive Director Digestive Health and Surgery Institute AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 21027869
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Executive Director Digestive Health and Surgery Institute AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Days
What you will be Responsible for:
The Executive Director of the Digestive Health and Surgery Institute supports the development and execution of system-wide Institute strategies for their areas of responsibility, which is comprised of Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Bariatrics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology Plastic Surgery, Urology, and Wound Care/HB. This position reports directly to the Vice President for the Digestive Health and Surgery Institute. The Executive Director works closely with the other system Institutes (Cancer, Cardiovascular, Neuroscience, Orthopedics, and Transplant) as well as with Senior Institute leadership to execute strategic plans and plays an integral role in providing the tools and information needed to make strategic decisions. The scope of oversight is division-wide while creating partnerships and alignment for the national inventory of care continuum services within Advent Health. This includes medical staff offices (private & employed), hospital-based operating rooms, ambulatory surgical centers, endoscopy departments, pre-operative services, post anesthesia care units, hyperbaric medicine, other anesthesia/procedural areas, disease-specific programs of excellence, and specialty service lines.
In support of the Digestive Health and Surgery Institute’s vision to achieve national recognition for leading clinical and destination programs, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing programmatic management, leadership for strategic ventures, driving network development and operational integration oversight between ACS (Acute Care Services) and IHS (Integrated Health Services). Specific areas of oversight include service line leadership (direct reports of Institute leadership), quaternary program development, strategic financial performance, IT systems, Joint ventures, special partnerships, contracting, strategy development, marketing and branding, philanthropic engagement, sub-specialty physician clinical and professional growth, physician recruitment, sub-specialty physician recruitment, cost management, practice glidepath, institute governance representation, revenue cycle, specialty supply chain, and event management. The Executive Director will work in coordination with the Executive Institute Leaders, Directors, Program Managers, Project Managers, medical staff, and physician sub-governance committee(s) to assist with the strategic planning and visioning for expanding new or changing programs and services, driving innovation through a unified market strategy, recruitment of physician talent, acquisition of new technology and information systems, supporting the elevation of clinical performance and quality measures for quaternary programs, clinical research, and stewardship that transforms care delivery and partners with industry to formulate new innovative approaches to care. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for engaging with AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG) to create and implement new physician models that position Digestive Health & Surgery services as a destination site for patients and a national referral site for a variety of clinical services including interventional endoscopy, advanced general surgery, complex colorectal surgery, and bariatric surgery. Strategic planning and oversight include developing the business models of the future, physician strategy and recruitment, service line performance, and implementation of new projects with defined milestones and metrics. They will have direct and indirect leadership oversight of program staff across the institute continuum for the entire division, including Integrated Health Services and Acute Care Services.
Measures of success result in team, service, clinical, financial, and market outcomes that demonstrate value to all constituents. Responsible for influencing staff throughout the AdventHealth system. Manages all activities involving continuum of outpatient services. This is a system wide role that will collaborate and guide services throughout Advent Health. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Divisional leadership oversight of institute programs, initiatives, staff.
· Collaborates with regional and multistate Advent Health Acute Care Services (ACS) and Integrated Health Services (IHS) to standardize care and develop destination care programs.
· Collaboration with Private and Employed physicians to advance institute initiatives
· Provides consultative services to AHS Division hospitals as requested.
· Leverages the CIN to deliver clinical value, quality, and safety
· Travel nationally and internationally to conferences and other facilities to gain deeper understanding of institute programs.
· Serve as an active business partner with the ACS & IHS Executive Teams and Institute Leadership (Cancer, Cardiovascular, Neuroscience, Orthopedics, and Transplant) in the coordination and execution of the Institute’s vision and strategy.
· Works directly with medical leadership for the overall management direction of the program who will participate in the quarterly or annual evaluation of program management.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the disease-specific program, clinical pathways, or centers to meet volume, profitability, quality, and service standards to ultimately drive value across the Digestive Health & Surgery continuum of care.
· Serves as the AdventHealth strategic leader for Digestive Health and Surgery Institute within the six imperatives (Product, Consumer, Network, Risk, Cost, People)
· Performs additional duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
· Accountable for assuring compliance and provides evidence of performance with DNV and other regulatory requirements for Surgical Services. Operationalizes and assures compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Center for Disease and Prevention (CDC) and Patient Safety regulations at the service line level. Adheres to applicable practice standards that relate to their area of specialty.
· Demonstrates support of hospital and department policies, procedures, and guidelines to remain in accordance with requirements for employment, including, but not limited to: compliance policy and procedures, fire and safety regulations, hospital dress code.
· Establish new strategic (Call Coverage Contracts as an example) and joint ventures (ASC JV & Lithotripsy as examples) in effort to redefine the care model, provide appropriate coverage, align patients to the appropriate care setting, with the lowest cost, highest quality, keeping them within their community, while engaging physicians and creating alignment to a shared vision. Oversee organization, execution, provide relevant data and regular reporting and performance for call contracts, strategic & joint ventures.
· Ensure physician leaders and medical directors are creating value and meeting contractual arrangements, setting up and monitoring annual accountabilities, and providing for leadership growth.
· Monitors changing regulatory trends to understand opportunities and threats.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
· Assists in service line proformas, capital equipment planning, and supply chain management. Performs market analysis, monitors industry trends and researches the leading surgical and procedural opportunities for innovation and expansion of programs.
· Prepares, executes, and monitors departmental operating budgets to ensure appropriate staffing, professional development, space, supplies, and all equipment necessary for maintaining and improving the quality of services provided to patients and stakeholders. Ensures that all departments operate within allocated budget.
· Analyzes financial statements, manages financial resources, and educates team members on financial implications of patient care decisions. Reads and interprets benchmarking, financial, and occupancy data.
· Provides volume forecast projections and impact on capital planning to Administration.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
· Provides strategic planning, budgeting, business development, goal setting, results measurement and contract negotiations
· Visit destination programs at partner facilities to understand the clinical and business opportunities that exist
· Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems, and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies, supporting organizational initiatives.
· Utilizes organizational databases, decision support, and expert systems programs to access information and analyze data from various sources for use in planning and development of processes and systems supporting scope of practice.
· Encourage business growth and development by actively seeking out new opportunities to increase referrals, and market share. Work with marketing to create materials that represent the Neuroscience Institute and its service lines. Actively develop referral streams for outpatient services
· Participates in and organizes clinical conferences and physician courses, shadows the clinical team, and attends national meetings to maintain and develop both clinical and programmatic advances in the field.
· Responsible for assisting in the development of strategies, proformas, operational structure in collaboration with GME to establish and manage appropriate residencies and fellowships
· The Executive Director will also develop strategies and operational processes to support Ancillary Services that complement the Institutes. These services include Pathology, Radiology, Anesthesia, Surgery, and others as the need develops.
· Develops partnerships and collaborates with Marketing in the development of the annual marketing plan for the disease-specific program or centers including any community outreach activities.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develop, implement, and continuously evaluate programs and services to meet volume, profitability, , customer satisfaction, quality, staffing engagement, human resource management, and service standards. Assist in the development of quality and safety systems with corresponding national benchmarks, driving continuous improvement. Leading interdepartmental, campus and system initiatives to achieve improvements in clinical care processes and patient services and volume and financial performance. Serve as the point of contact for information and direction on Institute development such as strategy timelines, planning process, Institute/Campus assessments, relevant meetings, and communication.
· Works proactively with the MIS/AIT department to improve work efficiency, data safety and customer service to patients and physicians. Reports annually the ongoing IT and MIS needs and investments to maintain and keep up with projected growth demands in order to plan for capital investments
· Leads interdepartmental, campus-wide, and system-wide initiatives to achieve improvements in clinical care processes, team engagement, patient experience, volume and financial performance.
· Manage the programmatic elements and logistics of major Institute meetings, such as Institute Operating Close, Integrated Health Services (IHS) Close, Market Development Meetings, Service Line Physician Meetings (Physician Operating Councils, Section meetings)
· Governance and Institute Steering Council; work closely with the Executive Team and the Institute Leadership to synthesize and prioritize agenda items; manage and coordinate the action items produced during those meetings.
· Achieve a strategic network by developing plans through identifying trends, communicating accordingly, representation at applicable Month Close and Performance Review Committee meetings, contributing recommendations and volume driving tactics to the strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing actions plans, resolving problems and determining system improvements with the Institute leaders.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY:
·Coordinates efforts to promote and provides information on the CREATION Health philosophy to the leaders and employees working in assigned departments.
Ensures that the programs offered within scope of responsibility, and as applicable, are properly communicated in the community.
Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions, champions a diverse workforce, interprets and evaluates employee satisfaction and quality of work surveys, taking action as needed to ensure a positive outcome.
Identifies employment requirements, functions, tasks and job specifications for positions within reporting structure rollup. Assesses job candidates’ skills and experience and selects top talent in accordance with needs. Identifies future skill sets needed to maintain organizational competitiveness. Ensures appropriate orientation for new staff and appropriate methodologies for ongoing competency assessment of staff. Monitors and ensures timely completion of performance evaluations, sets goals, and provides feedback and counseling to employees. Rounds with employees on regular basis, engaging staff and leading on maintaining environment of safety. Plans to address issues such as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population; political and social influences; financial and economic issues; aging of society and demographic trends; ethical issues; and environmental influences on health.
Allocate decision making authority and or task responsibility to appropriate levels of leadership to maximize the organizations and individual’s effectiveness. Create an environment in which leaders are setting expectations and holding each other accountable. Ensure downline leaders conduct service line meetings, attend unit meetings as requested and support activities that foster staff communication.
· Identifies, develops and mentors others to enable them to meet their fullest potential. Maintains a high level of professionalism, exemplifying role model status. Participates in teaching opportunities as applicable.
· Assures a complete succession plan for rollup up to and including own position.
· Actively mentor others into the leadership role
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE &SKILLS PREFERRED:
·Knowledge of program development and implementation
· Knowledge of process improvement planning and implementation.
· Working knowledge of project management, market research & data analytics, PowerBI, Mindjet and Prezi software platforms.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
· Formal Process Improvement Training
· Five (5) years of healthcare management experience
· Seven (7) years of healthcare experience
· Project management experience
· Program administration or development experienc
· Financial management experience·Project Management Professional (PMP)
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.